Having your Land Rover taken for regular tune-ups can prevent major mechanical issues for you later on down the road. A tune-up mainly consists of the servicing or replacement of several parts throughout your car. Here at Land Rover Frisco in Frisco, Texas, our highly trained service professionals are here to make sure your car always runs with maximum efficiency and reliability.
The most common components that are tested and/or replaced during a tune-up include:
- Oil, fuel and transmission filters, spark plugs, vacuum and coolant hoses, engine belts, oxygen sensors, PCV valves, car battery, temperature sensors, and the distributor cap and rotor.
Our service team here at Land Rover Frisco in Frisco, Texas , recommends that you bring your car in to see us if you notice any of the following issues:
- You feel the engine vibrating or you stall out while driving or idle
- You notice a sudden decrease in gas mileage
- You feel any kind of loss in power or acceleration
- You feel vibrations or knocking sounds while driving
- The check engine light comes on after you start your car and remains on while driving
- You notice unfamiliar smells coming from the engine, such as exposed oil or burnt rubber.
Usually a tune up is done every 2 years or 30,000 miles, but depending on the make and model of your car and how new or old it is, you may need one more or less frequently so check your owner’s manual or give our service department a call here at Land Rover Frisco in Frisco, Texas. We look forward to servicing you car soon and while you are here, be sure to check out our showroom of new 2013 Land Rovers and Range Rovers, or visit us online to view our current inventory.